Why IV Vitamin Drips Are More Effective Than Oral Vitamins
You’ve heard the expression before: take your vitamins. But how, exactly, are you taking them? For years, oral vitamin supplements have been the gold standard in medicine – but they come with a big problem. Taking a vitamin pill or multivitamin orally only allows your body to metabolize 15% of the active ingredients (the vitamins themselves). The remaining 85%? It passes through your digestive system entirely, rendering it completely useless.
An IV vitamin drip, on the other hand, injects the vitamins and nutrients directly into your bloodstream, bypassing the stomach and the inefficient process of metabolization entirely. This allows for much higher concentrations of nutrients and vitamins delivered directly to the body’s cells, allowing them to provide more benefit and help you stay healthier.
What Is Intravenous (IV) Therapy?
Intravenous (IV) Vitamin Therapy is a medical treatment method that delivers vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients directly to the bloodstream through an IV, usually placed into a vein in the arm. This form of delivery enhances the efficacy of the nutrients, providing several benefits:
- Injecting directly into the bloodstream eliminates the alterations that occur as a result of digestive enzymes. You get the pure, unfiltered vitamin, which means unparalleled nutrition.
- Because IV Vitamin Therapy bypasses the stomach and digestive process, we can achieve much higher, more therapeutic dosages of vitamins than is possible with oral administration. This is doubly important for patients suffering from a GI system disorder which inhibits nutrient absorption. Often, we can reach higher concentration levels through IV Therapy even if the patient has a normal, healthy GI system.
- IV Therapy is an effective, repeatable, and convenient way to achieve therapeutic doses of crucial vitamins and nutrients. Without direct delivery to the bloodstream, these dosages are virtually impossible to achieve, making IV Vitamin Therapy a uniquely effective treatment.